Prepare for Your Visit
Your physician is an expert on medical care. You are the expert on yourself
Many people achieve more satisfaction with their health care if they can share the responsibility with their health professionals. While your physician is an expert on medical care, you are the expert on yourself. Often there can be more than one option for diagnosing or treating a condition. By acting as a partner with your doctor, you can help choose the option that best fits your values, beliefs, and lifestyle. This can make you feel more confident about carrying out the treatment you have chosen. Keeping in mind, being prepared for your visit will help you get the most out of your appointment:
What to bring
If at all possible, please complete the new patient forms for the doctor you will be seeing prior to your arrival at the office. If you have been evaluated, by another physician, previously for this or any related condition, please bring all relevant materials:
- Medical records , X-Rays, CT scans, MRIs, Nerve studies.
- A list of medications that you currently take and any medical problems you have.
We look forward to seeing you
Please remember to bring your insurance card. If you have not filled out our new patient forms then you will be requested to fill them out upon checking in with our receptionists. Please remember to bring any helpful information such as x-ray reports, medical records, and prescription history.
What to think about
Also, you can help your doctor diagnose and treat your condition by being prepared to answer the following questions:
- What are your main symptoms?
- How long have you had your symptoms?
- What were you doing when your symptoms started?
- Have you had this problem in the past?
- What was the diagnosis?
- How was it treated?
- How and when did an injury occur? How was it treated?
- Have you had any injuries in the past to the same area? Do you have any continuing problems because of the previous injury?
- Have you ever had surgery in that area?
- What activities, related to sports, work, or your lifestyle, make your symptoms better or worse?
- Do you think that activities related to your job or hobbies caused your symptoms?
- What home treatment measures have you tried? Did they help?
- What nonprescription medicines have you taken? Did they help?
We look forward to seeing you on the day of your appointment.