We can help you plan a healthy trip to any destination.
We offer pre-travel counseling, immunizations and health advice for adults and children. Our clinic is working towards becoming a NH State Department of Health designated center for yellow fever vaccine in 2018. The clinic’s medical director is Infectious Disease specialist; Apara Dave, MD
We welcome you to call 603-418-0034
and set up a pre-travel appointment at our office at 9 Buzell Ave. in Exeter
. To better serve your needs, you will be asked to complete a questionnaire regarding your health history and travel plans and to bring a complete list of all your previous immunizations, if available.
Since several weeks may be required to complete a needed vaccine series, we recommend calling for an appointment eight weeks prior to your travel date as the initial appointment may need to be held six weeks before departure. We can, however, accommodate last minute travel plans as many vaccines provide significant effectiveness upon vaccination.
The appointment includes:
- Country by country analysis of your itinerary, anticipated activities and review of previous immunizations to develop an individualized plan
- Advice on malaria prophylaxis and needed prescriptions
- Information and prescriptions for medications to help prevent or treat illnesses while traveling
- Written materials and general health hints for travelers on topics such as diarrhea, rabies, and other diseases
- International Certificate of Vaccination as approved by the World Health Organization
- A pleasant and caring environment that promotes patient confidence
Available by special request
- Hepatitis B
- Hepatitis A
- Twinrix (Hep A & B combined)
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Typhoid fever
- Measles, mumps, rubella
- Pneumococcal pneumonia
- Varicella (chicken pox for adults)
Japanese encephalitis and rabies
Available lab tests
Antibody level blood tests, also known as titers, are able to be ordered. These tests measure immunity against certain vaccine preventable diseases.
Payment, billing and insurance
Core Physicians does not bill insurance companies for travel medicine services. Payment is expected
at the time of service. Immunization cost information will be provided to you prior to your appointment.